Well, welcome to Italy! This week we’re exploring the style capital of Europe. We’re right here in Milan. But in fact there may be extra to do in Milan than simply buy groceries. So we’re going to be displaying you 20 points of interest round city.
We had 3 days in Milan so we hit the bottom operating and tried to see and do as a lot as attainable. We made time for main points of interest like Il Duomo, Sforza Castle, and Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, however we additionally veered away from the crowds in search of avenue artwork and attention-grabbing neighborhoods. This being Italy, we additionally tried to prioritize meals, sampling every little thing from pizza to risotto, and cappuccinos to aperitivos. The following journey information will spotlight 20 issues to do while you go to Milan, Italy
1) Milan Catherdral (Il Duomo – Duomo di Milano – Domm de Milan)
2) Il Duomo Terrace
3) Italian Breakfast – Cappuccino and candy Italian pastries
4) Sforza Castle – Castello Sforzesco
5) The Galleria – Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
6) Risotto alla Milanese – Milan fashion risotto
7) Street Art round Porta Ticinese
8) Colonne di San Lorenzo – Columns of San Lorenzo Roman Ruins
9) Boat tour down the canal (linea traghetti gaggiano milano)
10) Dine alongside the canal in Milan’s Navigli District
11) Aperitivo drinks and buffet – Apéritifs and digestifs
12) Shopping in Milan down Via Torino
13) Visiting Chinatown for some Chinese meals
14) Ride a bicycle in Milan like a neighborhood
15) Pizza al taglio (pizza al trancio) Italian pizza by the slice
16) Basilica of Sant’Eustorgio containing relics of the three Magi
17) Duomo Museum overlaying the cathedrals historical past in-depth
18) New City Views with a hop-on-hop-off bus cross
19) Museum of Natural History – Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Milano
20) Night views of Milan close by Il Duomo
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: (*20*)
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our journey to Milan, Lombardy was a part of the Blogville mission the place we stayed in a neighborhood house and skilled the entire finest cultural actions, museums, eating places, arts and leisure the town has to provide. This metropolis information is our greatest try to create a mixture of finest points of interest and off-the-beaten-path actions that you simply will not essentially discover in a typical Milan tourism brochure.
20 Things to do in Milan Italy Travel Guide Video Transcript:
Our first cease was Il Duomo, which is probably the most acknowledged attraction in the town. The cathedral took practically six centuries to full.
So we have sat down at a little bit cafe and we’re going to have our first Italian breakfast with cappuccino and candy pastries.
Something that stunned us about Milan is that there’s a citadel proper in the center of the town. Sforza Castle was constructed in the fifteenth century by the Duke of Milan, and it then underwent a number of restorations and expansions in the next centuries. Today it homes a number of of the town’s most prized artwork possessions, together with frescoes by Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo’s final sculpture.
For some upscale designer procuring, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is the place to be.
So we simply discovered a neighborhood little restaurant and we’re going to be making an attempt a standard dish that could be very in style in this metropolis and in the Lombardy area. We are going to have Risotto alla Milanese.
The Colonne di San Lorenzo are the stays of Roman ruins that date again to the 2nd century. They are believed to have been a part of a shower home.
Another enjoyable exercise to attempt in Milan is a ship tour of the canals. The metropolis’s canals are attributed to Leonardo Da Vinci, who in 1482 was referred to as over by the Duke of Milan to assist renovate the town’s canal system.
Milan’s Navigli District is without doubt one of the liveliest components of city particularly when the solar goes down for eating al fresco.
So we have gone out for our first Italian Aperitivo. Which is form of like a pre-dinner ingesting custom. Basically, you get your self a cocktail for about 10 Euros and that offers you entry to this huge buffet.
And that is all for our go to to Milan. We hope this video will provide you with some cool concepts of sights and points of interest to try.
This is a part of our Travel in Italy collection showcasing Italian tradition, Italian arts, Italian meals & Italian delicacies.
Proudly offered by: http://nomadicsamuel.com & http://thatbackpacker.com
Music in this video courtesy of Audio Network